Last year I attended a conference entitled: Move Well- Innate Physical Fitness & Spinal Hygiene…there were so many good takeaways. One concept that really stuck with me was the fact that our new “normal” is to be unhealthy and unfit whereas just a few decades ago it was the norm to be fit and healthy.
10 Activities to Avoid or Minimize:
- Standing with weight on one foot
- Reading on your back with head in a flexed position (See a back doctor if you’re experiencing pain)
- One-sided sports (creates imbalances — always practice with both hands)
- Carrying bags on one shoulder
- Sleeping on your stomach
- Cradling phone between shoulder and ear
- Watching tv (no justification possible)
- Repetitive activities with arms in front or overhead
- Poor posture during any activity
Tomorrow we will discuss 10 Good Choices to Make…stay tuned.